Participation in the ACSWA websites constitutes agreement to the following guidelines, which apply to posts, profile information, avatars, signatures, any other content on this site, and participation in general. This includes private messages, which we at ACSWA have the ability to read, but do so only when a violation is reported to us or we have a legitimate reason. Because of the live nature of the discussions on this online Community, it is not possible for us to review and/or confirm the accuracy or validity of a message before it is posted. If you believe that someone has violated our User Guidelines or you have spotted content that may otherwise require attention, please send a private message to the Webmaster with a link to the content and a brief description of what you believe is wrong. The offender will hear from us confidentially if we believe a notification is warranted. Do not respond to a situation personally, thereby aggravating the situation; responding to a perceived violation in an inflammatory manner is a violation in itself and will result in appropriate action.
Our forums and blogs are moderated daily. The moderators and administrators may be volunteers. They use the aliases listed on the forum staff page. The moderators and forum members are not regarded as health professionals. Interpretation of our guidelines is at the discretion of the staff.
The information provided on some of our forums is intended to support, not replace, the direct relationship between clients and health professionals.
We remind you that any message can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all. You do not have the option to delete your messages; however, you may ask the moderators to do so.
- The moderators and members should be respectful and honest in their communications.
- Cross-posting (posting the same information in two or more locations) is prohibited and will result in the removal of extraneous posts. Please try to post in the most appropriate place within the organizational structure of our Community.
- Advertisements are prohibited in the forums and blogs. Generally speaking, posts made specifically for the promotion of a website, product or service are considered advertising, whether from a commercial website, a personal website, a non-profit website, etc. Members are not allowed to post an affiliate URL that leads to your earning cash, banner impressions, credits, points, etc. If you are interested in advertising on our websites, contact the
- Protect your privacy. Do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers, doctor/clinic names, etc.
- Vulgar language and irrelevant material will be removed. Abbreviations and other attempts to circumvent the word-censoring feature of the Community software are also prohibited.
- When posting a link to website(s), you must ensure that the content of the link is appropriate for our community, in line with ACSWA guidelines. This includes referencing a site, even if the mention is not hyperlinked. References or links to inappropriate content will be removed by the moderators without notice.
- Posts that discuss illegal activities, illegal transactions, or illegal websites will be removed. This includes the posting of information obtained illegally.
- Our website Communities are intended to be supportive, positive, and focused on clinical, practice-related, learning-related, and policy issues. Political and religious discussions are usually outside of the purposes of our Communities, and may be prohibited.
- Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. You may quote a small portion of an article (usually no more than 1/5 or 1/6) and you must link to the source (if online) or provide the source (if offline). Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement.
- Respect is essential. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments. Any discriminatory or hateful posts regarding a person’s gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc., will not be tolerated, and may result in banishment from the Community and its sites.
- Each user is allowed to create one account. If you would like to change your username, please contact us.
- Automated account-creation, automated participation, and content-scraping are prohibited.
- The ACSWA staff has the final say on any disagreements. If you have a problem, you may complain to them directly and not publicly on the website. You are prohibited from creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures. If you feel that we have made a mistake, please contact the webmaster and we will review the situation.
- While participating in this Community, please keep in mind that we strive to create a friendly, productive, inclusive atmosphere. We value your opinions and involvement!
By using our forums, you agree to post information that is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. If the information you post is not from personal experience, we request you to provide sources (references, links, etc.) whenever it is relevant and possible.
ACSWA reserves the right to have its moderators delete any messages deemed inappropriate without notifying the author. In cases of severe or repeated abuse, the moderators may ban a blogger or member of a forum. In both instances, an explanation will be provided if the user requests.
We reserve the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning.
These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice. Users are encouraged to check this page regularly for updates.
Last modified on November 11, 2015